The Retort provides a method for measuring the percentage (%) of oil and water, and for estimating both suspended and dissolved solids contained in a sample of water-based or oil-based muds and cuttings. Knowledge of oil, water, and solid content is fundamental to proper control of mud properties when considering oil/water ratios, rheology, density, filtration, and salinity. Knowledge of solids in drilling fluids is essential to evaluation of viscosity control and solids control equipment.
The Multi Unit Retort incorporates five (5) 50 mL Retort units into a single instrument. Each Retort has a separate electronic temperature controller to provide accurate, reliable, and reproducible testing. The included software graphs the temperature over time for each of the five stations.
- Five 50 mL Retorts in a single instrument
- Multi-unit design saves valuable bench space
- Individual electronic temperature control improves accuracy and reliability
- Digital temperature display
- Included software graphs temperature over time for each Retort
- Maximum Temperature: 1,000°F (537°C)
- Cell Capacity: 50 mL
- Heating Capacity: 500 Watts Per Station (2,500 Watts total)
- Size: 36″ × 17″ × 23″ (91 × 43 × 58 cm)
- Weight: 165 lb (75 kg)
- Power Requirement: 230 Volt at 15 Amp, 50/60 Hz